In a food processor add the vinegar, salt, garlic, crushed red pepper, parsley, and oregano and pulse until they begin to combine. Pour the 1/2 cup of olive oil in as you pulse. Remove some chimichurri to a small bowl, season with salt to taste, and reserve as sauce. Put meat in a glass or ceramic dish and toss with remaining marinade. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
*I chose to use hanger steak, but flank steak or skirt steak is commonly used as well. You can also put it on fish like halibut!
Chimichurri Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced (2 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil